Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Point of View

In my last posting "Queen for Your King" it was conveyed to me that "the Stagliano 'Goon Squad' was none too happy that their 'Queen' was not crowned and made quite a bit of embarrassing noise and a few intimations that nearly got them thrown out of the meeting".

Well in response to that posting I heard from Doug Hager, the Republican Area 4 Leader, wherein Mr. Hager wrote:

"As the Area 4 Leader I wanted to correct some of your comments regarding the endorsement meeting for District Judge in 38-1-20. Terrie Stagliano did come with a large number of friends and family. It is also true that I was contacted by other people who were interested in attending the endorsement meeting including Ray, who asked if friends could attend. At no time did the friends and family of Terrie create any commotion and they were not asked to leave. The meeting went well without any problems and Cathleen Kelly Rebar was overwhelmingly endorsed. It was clear that there was no comparison between Cathleen's credentials and Terrie's. The vast number of Committee members felt Cathleen was the better candidate for District Judge".

I respect Mr. Hager who my sources tell me is "more than an upstanding guy" but also these same sources tell me that they too were at the meeting and perhaps out of the earshot of Mr. Hager the Stagliano's and their friends were none too nice. And based upon the political signs I see one day for Ms. Rebar and the next day are taken or destroyed I can only guess the tactics of the Stagliano Campaign have sunk to the lowest point. No surprise in this behaviour from the Stagliano's - stay tuned.