Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Cryptic Response

This blog author received a very cryptic message from Teresa Stagliano, one of the subjects of yesterdays posting. Here is the text of that e-mail:

Hi Mark, or Stu, or Al.

Attached please find a suitable picture for your next "blog-stay tuned". I would prefer you use this one rather than the photo of myself that is posted on the Collegeville Borough website as I feel the lighting in this photo brings out my best features. I also really like the lime jacket I am wearing. Please feel free to contact me if you need a different angled shot.

I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed the anecdotes on your blog. When I find I am having a bad day, all I have to do is log on to your site and I feel better knowing that someone has me on their mind, and for that I truly thank you!

For clarification purposes, please note the correct spelling of my name:
Teresa M. Stagliano (that is Theresa without the H, in case you forget).
Some people prefer to call me "Terrie" (note, that spelling is with an "ie" not a "y").

Hope you had a great Halloween!

Best,
Terrie


As I am certain you the reader will find this response to my posting to be somewhat disturbing. This response only underscores the point I was trying to make yesterday … that Mrs. Stagliano and her husband as well as the rest of Collegeville Borough Council must be held accountable for their actions.

The points made in yesterday’s post of public officials using the power of their office for personal gain are serious in nature and not to be taken lightly. But what does Mrs. Stagliano do? She responds as if she is untouchable and it is all a joke! She mistakenly identifies me as one of her self-imposed political adversaries.

The residents and voters Collegeville Borough need to take a hard look at the Collegeville Budget and ask why Collegeville’s tax rate is one of the highest in Montgomery County. Here is a comparison to surrounding communities:

Perkiomen Township - 0.52
Upper Providence Township - 0.00
Trappe Borough - 0.00
Collegeville Borough - 3.50 (Highest allowed by law)


Based upon the above municipal tax rates the following is how much borough tax a resident would pay on a home of $300,000 in assessed value:

Perkiomen Township - $156.00
Upper Providence Township - $0.00
Trappe Borough - $0.00
Collegeville Borough - $1,050.00


I encourage Collegeville Residents to attend the next Collegeville Borough Council meeting and ask the hard questions as to why the Borough needs a full-time Treasurer and eight policemen (including a full-time detective)? Eliminating or reducing these functions would reduce the Borough's costs by over $1 million dollars.

Manipulating the law for your benefit, high taxes, cost shifting to neighboring boroughs, and cronyism with public employees. What is next for Mrs. Stagliano and Collegeville Council?

How about endorsing Mrs. Stagliano for District Judge? That is right. Sources tell me that Mrs. Stagliano has already attended the required state schooling to run for office as a District Justice and has her eye on Ben Crahalla’s office as Judge Crahalla is up for mandatory retirement.

Now you can just imagine if this is how Mrs. Stagliano and her husband abuse their powers as members of Borough Council for their personal gain, just what would happen if she became a District Justice?

Now that is truly scary!